Saturday, June 18, 2011

Family Bonding


So today I got to spend the day with my whole family doing something that we all love. No we did not go camping, hiking, to the zoo or anything else exciting like that. We helped my uncle round up all his cows and calves and vaccinated and branded the calves.
Now on first look this may not sound like much of a family bonding activity, but it’s the closest thing we get! All of us riders got up early this morning to have chores done around here and the horses saddled and loaded and ready to go. Six of us then climbed in the pickup and headed out to my uncles pasture. Once we got out there we unloaded the horses, met up with my uncle and some more helpers on quads and started the six mile trek to bring the cows and calves up to the corals.
The best part of the day comes after we get all the animals into the corals and the cows sorted out so that only the calves remain. My Aunt brings out a fantastic meal for all of us to enjoy while we sit and discuss what each of us saw while chasing the cows into the corals.
Even though I am now tired, sore, and sunburnt it was a great day spent with the family and I can’t wait till next year to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment