Thursday, May 05, 2011

My Kind of Party!

For the last little bit I have been on a bit of a Jason Aldean kick (well ok if you asked anyone around me they would probably call it more of an obsession seeing as his music is all I seem to be listening to lately) I love his song Amarillo sky http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc823UD0LeU and think of all the farmers and ranchers  in my life that are exactly like that, that no matter who bad the weather is, how horrible the prices are, or what kind of day they are having, they are out there taking care of the crops and animals that depend on them.
Since we raise purebred cattle every year we must register the baby calves. We are required to identify who their mothers and fathers are, their tattoo number, birth weight, if the cow had to be assisted with the birth, and other facts like that. My favourite part is that we get to name them all too! All of our cattle must be named with our prefix (CD) to identify that we were the people who registered it. Since we raise red Angus the cattle, they must also have the word red in their name.
Now you make think that I am going off on a complete tangent, how could naming calves possibly relate to my recent obsession with Jason Aldean? Well when it came time to register my bull calf out of my cow  Red C.D. Matrix Romeo 33’07 his name could be no other than Red C.D. Redneck Romeo 101’11 from Jason Aldean’s Song My Kind of Party.  

No comments:

Post a Comment