Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Holidays with a Great Crew


At Medicine Hat pen show

My family has been trying to think of the last time we went on a holiday that had nothing to do with a cow, we couldn’t. For my Family holidays usually consist of going to a cow show, showing at a cattle event, meetings for cattle associations, or going to look at cattle somewhere. Now to a lot of you may think this sound horrible, but I am perfectly ok with it. My sister and I’s hobby is showing cows and even though it is a pile of work, it is what we do for fun!

May long weekend this year was no different. I spent my holiday Monday driving 3 hours away to help my sister in her regional heifer show. Although my day was spent grooming cattle (I will talk about that later) and shovelling poop we had a great time.

The 2011 Show crew!

It is events like this that remind me of what great friends my family has. Every time we go to an event we always have a pile of people willing to help us. We enjoy showing cattle so much but it would defiantly not be possible without the help of so many great people. Over the years our show crew has expanded and so has the number of animals we take. At this show my sister was fortunate enough to have one person for all of her 6 animals that she brought with her.
I am so great full that this is how I get to spend my holidays, I really wouldn’t have it any other way, but it is because of all the great people we have to help us that all the fun we have is made possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment