Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Inspiration

As I said in my blog post yesterday I have been insanely busy lately, but I can already begin to feel as if I am catching up (I finally finished unpacking yesterday!) Even when I am feeling absolutely exhausted I can always find inspiration in the words of others. My sister is one of these people too, before she gives a big presentation, a 4-H speech, or enters the show ring she is always in need of a little ‘pep-talk’ and although I am usually not the one to give her these, when I am they often involve random quotes that I have found. I love quotes; I have a book of them that I keep just for those days when I am lacking inspiration, so if you are in need of a little inspiration today, or just need a laugh, here are some of my favourites:
“Opportunity is missed by most people because It is dressed in overalls and looks like work” Thomas A. Edison
“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well-preserved body but rather to skid in sideways worn out shouting... HOLY COW WHAT A RIDE!” Anonymous
 “I don’t need easy, I just need possible” Soul Surfer, the movie
“Let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you teach, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity” 1 Timothy 4:12
“Pain is inevitable: suffering is optional” Greta Randolph
"I understand the inventor of the bagpipes was inspired when he saw a man carrying an indignant, asthmatic pig under his arm. Unfortunately, the manmade sound never equaled the purity of the sound achieved by the pig." Alfred Hitchcock
“If you don’t make mistakes, you’re not trying hard enough” Anonymous
“Be not afraid of greatness, some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them” William Shakespeare
“Men’s best success comes after their disappointments”   Henry Ward Beecher
“Only a true friend would fold your underwear” Anonymous

3 comments:

  1. I love your quotes! and completely agree that the words of others can be inspirational! Awesome blog!

    Jenalee
    fromthebleachers18x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I totally gave you one of these quotes :) Nice blog me and jenny have been reading it lately.
    ~ Tanis

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha yes you did!! and thanks fot reading it!

    ReplyDelete