Monday, May 02, 2011

True North Strong and Free

Last year around this time I was just arriving home from a Citizenship seminar in Ottawa Ontario. I had been sent on this trip as a representative for Alberta 4-H and loved every minute of it! I not only got the opportunity to meet new friends and see different part of the country but also left with a strong sense of pride in being Canadian. Through touring parliament, the war museum, the senate and the swearing in ceremony for new Canadians I grew to appreciate even more the opportunities that I have as a Canadian citizen.
Since this trip I have been patiently waiting for my turn to exercise my civic duty and vote.  Today I got that chance! At 19 it is my first time to vote in an election and I was extremely proud to mark that X. I am a true believer in the fact that you can’t complain about politics unless you take the opportunity to vote and voice your opinion. I am now not so patiently waiting by the TV with my whole family gathered around waiting on the election results! I am thankful for my Canadian agricultural roots and am extremly proud to be a Canadian Citizen and have the opportunity to exercise my write to vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment