Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Countin': Better Late than Never

early stages of building!

I had this post all writen up to go up on Sunday, but right as I went to push the button to publish it, our internet went down for the night, but my there is better lat than never so here is my post called Countin'

This Sunday was spent in the presence of some pretty good friends, but as most things around here go, they were not here for a leisurely Sunday tea.  We have spent the day finishing off a shop that we started building last September, and by the time you read this we will hopefully be all done!

With all the complaining I have been doing about the weather lately I was reminded today of a poem that hangs in our house. Having so many great friends in life that are willing to come out and give us a hand I am not able to dwell on the negative that long
here is the poem for you:
Countin’ (by Phyllis Kozroski)
We often get caught up
In the  Countin’ that we do
WE count cows, an’ bales, an’ acres
Bills- too many, bucks- too few,
Should more often count our blessings
Calves that lived, an’ hay that grew
Memories  shared, good times together
Friends an’ neighbours, tried an’ true.

No comments:

Post a Comment