Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

my dad with my fancy pink cowboy boots
 I have spent most of the morning today at my church helping with a Father’s Day brunch. It reminded me just how lucky I am to have such a great father. In our house there are three girls and my dad, even our dog is a female so as he likes to say it’s really lacking in testosterone. Because of this it will probably not surprise you at all to hear that most of our equipment we use when showing cows is pink. More than once my dad has had to go in the ring with a pink show stick, change his shirt because it would clash with one of ours in a picture, or help put up ‘girly’ stall decorations. He handles this all very gracefully.
When my sister and I were little dad was always the one who got us out of bed bright and early on show days to get cattle ready. And although the roles are now reversed and it is my sister and I dragging him out of bed to come with us, or getting tired of that and just leaving with the truck and trailer we really appreciate all the things that he does for us and are so thankful to have him as our dad
nice pink show stick!
So here’s to all the great fathers just like mine in the agriculture industry and all over the world, we may drive you crazy sometimes but really appreciate everything you do for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment